5. What are sealants, anyway?
Sealants are a thin, plastic coating that is painted on the chewing surfaces of teeth — usually the back teeth (the premolars, and molars) — to prevent tooth decay. The painted on liquid sealant quickly bonds into the depressions and groves of the teeth, forming a protective shield over the enamel of each tooth. (WebMD)
Best of all– they are BPA-free at First Impression Dental!
No need to worry about any harmful chemicals!
FACTS ABOUT SEALANTS:
- aid in prevention of CAVITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
highest cavity risk between ages 6-14
- most insurances cover as a preventative service
meaning, no out of pocket expense to you
- fast, easy, and painless procedure
takes less than 30 mins to apply to all chewing teeth
- beneficial to patients of all ages
age doesn’t matter on this one, folks
- save families, time, money, and future dental visits
let’s face it, you don’t want to be here more than you have to
- fill in deep grooves, pits, and fissures on teeth
~OCTOBER is the month of candy! Do yourself a favor and have those chewing teeth protected from all that sticky, gooey, goodness! You don’t have to miss out on enjoying treats now and then, but you can avoid having to deal with the possible consequences!~
*If you have any questions about your dental coverage or the necessity of this procedure for your family members, don’t hesitate to give us a call!*
Thanks for reading, and happy brushing! 🙂